We help our students build the bridge from college to career.
The value of the Microbiology Graduate Programs (MGP) at NC State lies in the wide scope of interdisciplinary training and experiences we provide our students. By graduation, MGP students possess an in-depth understanding of microbiology as well as the research and professional skills necessary to pursue a career in a variety of different industries and positions.
Potential career paths for MGP graduates include:
- University Faculty and Research
- Federal and Institute Research
- Clinical and Pharmaceutical Research
- Animal and Human Health
- Product Development
- Biotechnology Start-up and Innovation
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Genome Editing and Genetic Engineering
- Quality Control
- Regulatory Affairs