Science Minded. Business Driven.
The Master of Microbial Biotechnology (MMB) program at NC State offers a unique blend of science and business education with practical training in the biotechnology industry. Our students participate in immersive industry experiences, professional networking, MBA-level coursework, practicum projects, and internships, which provides them with the experiences necessary for a successful career in the biotechnology industry.
Upcoming MMB Events
- Fall MMB Prospective Student Sessions: October 11th, November 1st, and November 13th
Visit NC State
The Graduate School is hosting a Visit NC State Program. This is an opportunity to visit our campus, at no cost, to learn more about current research of our faculty and graduate students, and to experience the quality of our graduate programs. For more information and to apply, click the link below.
Why the MMB Program at NC State?
Our two-year, non-thesis program is different than a traditional graduate program:
- Offers Interdisciplinary academic training including MBA-level coursework
- Develops professional skills highly valued by industry companies
- Applies evidence-based methods to solve business problems
- Eases the transition into multiple bioscience industry areas
- Prepares students to work effectively in project teams
- Promotes flexibility and ambiguity management