Science Minded. Business Driven.
The Master of Microbial Biotechnology (MMB) program at NC State offers a unique blend of science and business education with practical training in the biotechnology industry. Our students participate in immersive industry experiences, professional networking, MBA-level coursework, practicum projects, and internships, which provides them with the experiences necessary for a successful career in the biotechnology industry.
Why the MMB Program at NC State?
Our two-year, non-thesis program is different than a traditional graduate program:
- Offers Interdisciplinary academic training including MBA-level coursework
- Develops professional skills highly valued by industry companies
- Applies scientific methods to solve business problems
- Eases the transition into multiple bioscience industry areas
- Prepares students to work effectively in project teams
- Promotes flexibility and ambiguity management
- Develops comfort with big data management