Good Manufacturing Practices in Food Safety
Last day to register for this course is June 30, 2023.
**NEW** GMPs courses offered:
This course on Good Manufacturing Practices examines the elements of a food safety management system that maintain food safety and quality in food processing environments. It is based on the FDA’s Good Manufacturing Practices regulations (21 CFR Part 117 Subpart B) and international standards for food safety pre-requisite programs in food manufacturing (ISO Technical Specification 22002-1). It gives students an understanding of the foundational concepts in food safety.
Students will learn how to evaluate Good Manufacturing Practices and manage 15 topics of pre-requisite programs: Plant Construction and Design, Supplies of Water, Air and Energy, Waste and Sewage Disposal, Suitability of Equipment and its Accessibility for Cleaning, Maintenance and Preventive Maintenance, Management of Purchased Materials, Measures for Prevention of Cross Contamination, Cleaning and Sanitation, Pest Control, Personnel Hygiene, Rework, Product Recalls Procedures, Warehousing, Product Information and Consumer Awareness, and Food Defense, Biovigilance and Bioterrorism.
The course is taught with a variety of case studies, videos, and interactive lessons. It was developed by a team of food safety experts from industry, government and academia.
- Click the “Enroll in Course” button above (it will take you to a new webpage).
- Click “Add to Cart.”
- Select “Proceed to Cart.”
- Click “Log in to Continue Order.”
- Log in using a guest account, not a UNITY ID account unless you are an NC State University employee. If you already have a Reporter account, click “Brickyard Guest Login.” If not, click “No Account? Sign up here.”
- Follow the prompts to purchase the course. After completing these steps, you’ll receive instructions on how to access the online course in the Moodle Learning Management system.
- To access the course, log in to reporter.ncsu.edu and click “Access Online Course.”