Online HACCP Training
This course is a general HACCP training for individuals working in the food industry who want to earn a HACCP certification. This online program teaches participants how to implement and manage the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system designed by the FDA as a safety management system for controlling food hazards.
Participants who complete the program with a final grade of 80% or higher will earn a certificate from the International HACCP Alliance. This certificate is recognized domestically and internationally by food safety inspectors and auditors.
The course is available on-demand and is self-paced and 100% online. You can stop at any time, then pick up where you left off. The course takes approximately 20 hours to complete, although most people finish over a couple of days or weeks.
The course is divided into 15 sections:
- The History of HACCP
- Basic Components of HACCP
- Pre-Requisite Programs
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures
- Preliminary Tasks
- Food Safety Hazards
- HACCP Principle #1: Hazard Analysis, Hazards
- HACCP Principle #2: Determine Critical Control Points
- HACCP Principle #3: Establish Critical Limits
- HACCP Principle #4: Establish Monitoring Procedures
- HACCP Principle #5: Establish Corrective Actions
- HACCP Principle #6: Establish Verification Procedures
- HACCP Principle #7: Establish Record-Keeping Procedures
- Enforcement of HACCP
- Final Exam
Each of the first 14 sections consist of a module and a short quiz with no time limit. The last section is a two-part final exam. Part A of the final exam is the only timed portion – you cannot pause the timer. You will have 90 minutes to answer 19 multiple-choice questions. Part B of the final exam is not timed. You must answer two scenario-based questions and develop either a corrective action or a HACCP plan based on the given scenario.
Quizzes are worth 50% of your final grade; Final Exam Part A is worth 25% of your final grade and Final Exam Part B is worth 25% of your grade. You must complete all parts of the course to earn your certification.