Food Safety Basics for Ice Cream Makers
These online training courses are designed for small- to medium-size ice cream and frozen dessert manufacturers as an introduction to food safety practices and to assist in the development of food safety programs.
Funded by the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy, it was designed and written by a collaborative group of food safety and ice cream experts.
The content consists of ten easy-to-follow, interactive modules with practical guidance on important food safety topics. The courses can be taken in one sitting or over time to fit your schedule. The courses are intended to equip ice cream makers with basic knowledge about food safety concepts and serve as a primer for further training programs.
Individual Courses are $35.00 each:
- Course 1: Importance of Food Safety
- Course 2: Food Safety Hazards
- Course 3: Good Manufacturing Practices
- Course 4: Allergen Controls
- Course 5: Cleaning and Sanitation
- Course 6: Supply Chain Controls
- Course 7: Process Controls
- Course 8: Environmental Monitoring
Plus two navigational modules
- Food Safety Control Strategies
- Roadmap to Your Food Safety System
Curriculum bundle includes all 8 courses, plus the navigational modules, and costs $250.00