The future will always present challenges, but with those challenges come opportunities.
Beginning with a series of listening sessions and other interactions with faculty, staff, students, stakeholders, alumni and friends in fall 2012, we developed our strategy for the future based on our heritage of the land-grant mission. This inclusive and transparent process helped us shape our strategic plan: Our Envisioned Future.
The plan was inclusive and dynamic, allowing it to evolve with the college over time. It outlined CALS strengths, priorities and opportunities for long-term growth and success.
Our Envisioned Future centered around five core strategic themes.
Five Core Strategic Themes:
- Enhancing the production, quality, accessibility and profitability of food, plant, animal and bioenergy products for North Carolina, the nation and the world;
- Ensuring environmental stewardship and sustainability of air, land, soil and water resources;
- Creating a food supply that is safe, secure, healthy, affordable and of high quality;
- Improving human health and well-being for individuals, families and communities; and
- Preparing students and stakeholders for leadership and success in the global workforce.